Mod Melt shells and starfish are perfect for making burlap napkin rings.
Burlap ribbon is the trick to making these quick and easy napkin rings. Now, I know that it might be too much to make these for each table if you are having 100+ guests. But for small weddings or just the Bride and Groom table these are knock-out decorations for a wedding table. The seashell Mod Molds are easy to make and paint.
Watch How to Make a Mod Melt Embellishments with Mod Molds and Melts.
Mod Melts – Milk Glass,
Mod Molds – 25121 Sea Life
Mod Podge Craft Mat
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 2888 Mandarin Satin
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 2480 Royal Gold
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 659 Pearl White
Mod Melter – Sea Glass Clear
1. Make the 1 starfish and 1 sand-dollar by heating a Mod Melt stick in a mini high temp glue gun. Squeeze the hot melt into the mold and fill to the top. It will self level. Wait 7 min. and when cool pop out. Trim around the melt if you have any rough edges.
2. Paint the starfish with Mandarin Satin. Use two coats if necessary. Once dry lightly paint the very top with a few taps of Royal Gold. This will add depth to the starfish.
3. Paint the sand-dollar with Pearl White paint. Use to coats if necessary.
4. Hot glue a 6-8” loop of burlap ribbon into a ring.5. Hot glue a burlap flower over the seam of the loop.
5. Hot glue the starfish and sand-dollars to the center of the flower.