Cool Cube Refrigerator
Transform a plain mini fridge with a little paint and patience. Perfect for dorm rooms, media rooms or garage workshops this personalized mini fridge is just as cool on the outside as it is on the inside.
Sandpaper, coarse grit
Clean rag or towel
Low tack painters’ tape
Three shades of semi-gloss latex paint
Round objects to use as circle tracers
1. Lightly sand the outer front and sides of the refrigerator. Rub the refrigerator with a clean rag or towel to remove any dust.
2. Tape off any hardware or trim with low tack painters’ tape.
3. Prime. Allow the primer to dry and apply a second coat. Allow the second coat to dry. The primer will help the paint adhere to the plastic surface and prevent flakes and peels.
4. Paint the entire refrigerator with the medium shade of paint. Allow the first coat to dry and add a second coat. Allow the base coat to dry for about three days so that it completely cures.
5. Use round objects, such as mixing bowls, pots, and pans to trace overlapping circles on the refrigerator in pencil.
6. Apply the lightest and darkest shades of latex paint to the appropriate portions of the design. Allow the paint to dry and apply another coat. Allow the paint to cure for three days.