In case you haven’t seen…. paper straws are all the rage. ((wink wink)) With a little Mod Melt and Rope you can easily make a quick paper straw holder. This one we designed for the 4th of July!
Metal mini tub
Mod Podge Gloss
Mod Melts – Colors
Mod Melter – Sea Glass
Mod Molds – Trinkets
- Trace the wood star onto the back of scrapbook paper. Apply a coat of Mod Podge Gloss to the top of the wood star and the back of the paper cut-out. Place the paper cut-out onto the star. Smooth with your fingers to remove any bubbles. Allow to dry for 15 minutes. Top-coat with a layer of Mod Podge and allow to dry.
- Create Mod Melt embellishments by heating a Mod Melt stick in a Mod Melter or high temp glue gun, fill a mold with the Mod Melt, allow to cool, remove from the mold. Use detail scissors to trim away an excess melt from around the design. We used a blue Mod Melt stick and the star shape from the Trinkets Mold for this design.
- Using Mod Melt, glue the star embellishment to the center of the wood star.
- Using Sea Glass melts and a Mod Melter, hot glue rope around the mini tub. You can add as many rows as you wish. Glue the star to the center of the rope.
- TIP: No Rope? Don’t worry, you can glue, twine, ribbon or yarn around the mini tub.