Make a Frozen Centerpiece
It’s fire meets ice as candles are added to easy-to-make molds with fruit and other decorations frozen right inside. Make sure you place a plate under the centerpiece to catch any drips. For a holiday look…. add cranberries and evergreen.
1 – Half-gallon cardboard milk container – empty
Tall pillar candle
Optional Decorations: Dried flowers, fruits, small flowers, toys
1. Thoroughly clean the milk carton and remove the top using scissors.
2. Center the candle in the empty container. Add water to desired height of the ice block (approximately 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up the candle)
3. Add the optional decorative objects around the edge of the milk carton. Secure the candle with masking tape to the outer edge of the carton if needed.
4. Freeze until the ice is a solid block (overnight). Remove the centerpiece form the carton by quickly dipping the carton in warm water and then peel away the paper. Store the arrangement in the freezer until you are ready to use.
5. Display the centerpiece in a shallow bowl with additional greenery or flowers around the edge.