This little stand is a bonus project from Plaid Craft TV. It was designed for our Mod Podge Makeover Episode. The stand began as a cookie stand from Ikea and we tricked it out with old book pages and some of my favorite scrapbook papers from Melody Ross. Since the work is done on the under side of the glass, the stand can be used as a food stand or a stand for jewelry and trinkets.
Mod Podge ® Gloss, 8 oz.
IKEA – Tiered cookie stand – clear glass
Decorative scrapbook paper from Melody Ross GCD
Old book pages
Let’s Make This!
1. Disassemble the stand. Wash the glass plates and thoroughly dry.
2. Cut out the pattern ladies (or a different image) from scrapbook paper.
3. Apply Mod Podge to the top of the pattern ladies cutouts. Place onto the backside (underside) of the glass plates. Press any air bubbles with your fingers.
4. Cut old book pages into squares, apply a coat of Mod Podge to the papers and apply to the plate over the pattern ladies. Top coat with a layer of Mod Podge. Continue adding more book page squares until the entire plate is covered.
5. Do this for each plate. Once they are all dry, reassemble the stand.