DIY Beach Wedding Flower Girl Basket with Mod Melt Seashells.
My favorite thing about Mod Molds is the endless ideas for creating. You can paint them any color you want and yoyo can glue them to almost anything! For this beach style Flower Girl basket we started with a simple basket that featured a pearl handle. Then we just embellished with Mod Melts!
Watch How to Make a Mod Melt Embellishments with Mod Molds and Melts.
Mod Melts – Milk Glass,
Mod Molds – 25121 Sea Life
Mod Podge Craft Mat
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 2888 Mandarin Satin
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 2480 Royal Gold
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 659 Pearl White
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – Aquamarine
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – Blue TopazFo
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – Ice Blue
Mod Melter – Sea Glass Clear
Flower girl basket
1. Make the 5 starfish and 1 sand-dollar by heating a Mod Melt stick in a mini high temp glue gun. Squeeze the hot melt into the mold and fill to the top. It will self level. Wait 7 min. and when cool pop out. Trim around the melt if you have any rough edges.
2. Paint the starfish with Mandarin Satin. Use two coats if necessary. Once dry lightly paint the very top with a few taps of Royal Gold. This will add depth to the starfish.
3. Paint the sand-dollar with Pearl White paint. Use to coats if necessary.
4. Make random shaped faux beach glass by squeezing hot Mod Melts onto the craft mat in oval and beach glass shapes. Allow to cool. Paint each one a solid color using Aquamarine, Blue Topaz and ice Blue.
5. Hot glue a burlap flower in the center of the flower girl basket.
6. Hot glue the faux beach glass, starfish and sand-dollars to the flower girl basket.